Dr Christina Igasto has a strong background in Analytics applied to Health Care, in Sweden and across the world. Her PhD is in Artificial Intelligence. She is now in Australia. Here’s her background on Linked in.
Big ideas from this podcast:
- the intricacies and multi-layered complexities of digital transformation in government agencies
- Christina’s approach to presenting complex ideas to senior execs and boards: how she uses top-down and bottom-up comms
- maths and stats matters to be a good data analyst, but there’s more to it: how do you solve problems, and how do you explain how you solved it
- in recruiting, part of the story is whether the new data scientists fit in with the rest of the team
- her experience in teaching AI and image analysis for 9 years in a University in Sweden: when presenting information to an audience different people will respond differently when they are “lost”
- importance of keeping data and research fresh
- how she uses challenges to keep herself committed to her health regime
- why “failures” aren’t failures but lessons
- her impressions of Australia and Australian business
Here’s Christina’s Linked in Profile. She works with Aaron Artery at Customer Crunch. Listen to Aaron on my podcast here.
Here are some of the people styles tools we mention:
- MBTI (Myers-Briggs Typology Indicator)
- Personality Plus (this is “the one Aaron likes”)
Aaron and Christina both work with the de Martini systems for clarifying values.
Books and ideas
- Elon Musk biography
- Susan Cain’s book on Introversion: Quiet: the power of introverts in a world that can’t stop talking
- Research on how taking notes with a pen and paper is better practice if you want to make meaning of information